Hole

|
Sometimes i think when I'm all alone, 
What's for real and what's for sale,
The reality i seek, the defense it holds,
It's insignificant passing and it's trivial role.

To cushion my fall to harsh reality,
To buffer the shock of my after taste,
To keep me suffocating and away from harm's reach,
Look for me there, stay a while and share in my peace.

Yes, we can both share my hollow little hole,
Six-feet underground, away from society's
air-thinning cauterizing code,
If i could shift my weight and let you breathe again,
Would it have meaning in your isolated world?

On a plain field of burrows,
There be plenty of such little holes,
Each made by someone for someone else
as the cliche goes,
So what else have i laid in claim for you?
Other than a peace in the desolate, hollow ground,
My cliche for you through my words
which be so falsely profound.

So would you give in to the idea of me?
And look past my concealed imperfections
for a lifetime or more,
So would you still reveal yourself to me?
After you've seen through my eyes at the
true reflection i hold?
After all this would you still want to stare
at the demon in me?
Or would you just clench your fist to shatter all that
you can and cannot see?

But if i still be your strength to foster,
will you pick up the pieces after you've emerged?
Or will you turn to walk away bare-footed?
To another one of those hollow little holes...

[Cluster V]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. No flame wars, foul language or odors.