Pandora's Vanity

|
Falling into warned against illusions,
With preconceived desires and mind crippling confusion,
Factors of time projected upon eons,
Rationality subdued by residues of hope.

Each new conception distorts my field of vision,
Images of reality give way to figments of my imagination,
Fragrances trespass on cruelly built shrines,
Chiseling at the stones, exposing weak-hearted crimes.

The knowledge of wretched impossibility saturating my blood,
The sickness in my mind and the plague of my touch,
Nourishes our distance and our vision’s fading,
So come lay siege to our perpetual waiting.

The apparition of us, a menace in revolt,
To the gods of our vanity, a self-proclaimed higher force,
The knots in our paths, a hatchet in their pride,
One of us without their equilibrium, this much they confide,
In their whisperings that set their own minds at ease,
Give them a rush unlike that of their insecurities.

The infection in their thoughts become our furor of sorts,
Will we stand our ground or lose to the perils that I’ve fought?

[Cluster IV]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. No flame wars, foul language or odors.