Perch Of Despair

|
Within the hours lit by the oil,
Recollections fading into stoned gargoyles,
The vintage of our spirit stronger than before,
Experiences we’ve shared even up the score.

We were one even before we parted ways,
Still locked in this brotherhood, roaming life’s maze,
I conquer my anthill while you chisel at yours,
I’ve emerged from my plunge while you still drown in yours.

I was there yesterday, I know how you ache,
The clouds in your mind driving the stake,
Deep within your heart, corrupting your life,
Retreating to your tomb even in wretched daylight.

You think you’re safe behind the walls that you’ve built,
Tar affixiated soothing your guilt,
A taste of depression, a touch of salt,
Your wounds burst open and its always 'divine fault'.

Bear in mind that we share the same blood,
Different needles but the same drugs,
I know you’ll rise to the heights above me,
Leaving an acquired iron will to be your legacy.

[Cluster IV]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. No flame wars, foul language or odors.