Remotely Crucified

|
Fragments of us (Samui, Thailand. 3:30 Am)

Midnight pain spent upon electric chairs,
The temple I’ve built from our infant stares,
Wading in the pool of my own thoughts,
Scrutinizing details of battles to come
that I’ve already fought,

The questions in my head which I’ve tended to,
The vortex of possibilities that I’ve given in to,
Has suspended my equilibrium within the hours so few,
As sure as I am, I still lay here confused,
All that remains of my certainty is that I remain lost for you,
I can hold back no more for I am human after all,
No more of my webs,
I surrender.

The hue of my emotions, shades of a deep coral blue,
The strength they bear carved out of my memories of you,
Why I let myself break? This much I know,
It’s the madness within the both of us.

For you, I must learn to wait,
For you, I must learn how not to hate,
The world around me, submerged in its superficial glare,
Fuel to my anger, my cage, my fear.

I speak of a fool’s dreams while you speak of timid retreat,
I stretch out my hand while you dwell in my defeat,
Your concern for my sanity amongst my most precious of highs,
My sole idea of perfection, to be lost in your eyes,
Lost again…

Your breaths of madness, for my illness a remedy,
What more can I say? You somehow do complete me,
I draw blood from the that chasms we share,
I bleed to death just wishing you were here

[Cluster IV]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice. No flame wars, foul language or odors.